Menu

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

First Week of Summer

So the first week of summer has been busy.  Tiffani has left for church youth camp.  I took her to church at 10 PM Sunday night. They quickly loaded up the buses and were pulling out by 11:15.  Camp snuck up on me. I still keep forgetting the kids are there.  I've only heard from her 2 times.  And both times they were still on the bus. 
Yesterday was an early morning.  We had to be back at the hospital at 8 AM so Ethan could get his stitches removed.  Ethan remembers this place now. This was his 4th visit in 2 months.  Thankfully they were early, and took Ethan 30 min early.  The surgeon said everything looked good. I told him how Ethan is going to take over his job because Ethan was pulling the stitches and the surgeon said "Man, why didn't you finish the job?  We could have all slept in today".  and then he (the doc) laughed.  We are very happy with how the surgery went.  We are still getting used to Ethan's new smile.  It's different, but also so beautiful.
Ethan in recovery, waiting to be discharged

Abby & Jadyn are already bored.  Wonderful, we are on the 3rd day of summer and they are bored.  They are in the pool now and instead of swimming, they are filling up a bucket.  When I looked up, this is what I saw:
Why do we have a pool?  When a bucket seems to be doing the trick.  :-)

This morning I wanted to try to get some photos of Ethan's new smile.  Well even at 9:30 am, it's miserably hot and humid here.  My camera lens was fogging up.  Finally I got a couple of shots. But it was also wet outside so I did not get too many. The girls cooperated better than Ethan.
Thank you for the prayers & comments concerning Ethan.  He's doing great!  He's back to his normal all boy self.  He still have to wear the no-no's and still has to eat from the syringe.  We see the surgeon next Tuesday. Hopefully after this visit, Ethan can go back to eating normally again. And the no-no's will be off, until his palate surgery (which has not been scheduled yet).
Until next time.....

2 comments:

  1. He is just TOO cute! Just you wait until the no-no's are off - you are going to have more than a handful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love his smile! I can't wait to see you guys again.

    ReplyDelete