Menu

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

5 Days

In 5 Days, Ethan's smile will be changed forever.  I'm a little sad.  He has the most biggest smile ever. It's infectious!  You will no doubt smile when you see him smile. 

In 5 days, that will change.  And I'm nervous.  I don't know what it will be like to look at his new smile.  Will we miss the cleft smile?  Will we fall in love with his new smile?  I have no doubt that his new smile will be beautiful.  We have a handsome little guy.  So maybe me saying I'm nervous is not the right word.  I guess I'm excited.  I'm nervous about change, but excited about the new. 

I can tell you that I'm VERY nervous about the recovery.  I'm not looking forward to this. I have no idea how difficult it's going to be to make sure he does not open his stitches.  He loves to sleep on his face.  How do we stop him from doing that?  He's ALL boy.  How to we protect his face from all the falling & running and climbing that he does all day?  I know we're going to be exhausted. 

But, in the end, it is worth it.  I'm ready to start this next chapter in Ethan's life. Please pray that everything will go smoothly on Monday. Pray for Ethan in the next 5 days, that he will remain healthy. Pray for his surgeon. That he will do amazing work on our boy's mouth. Pray for us as we learn how to take care of him when he comes home. 

Thank you in advance.  I will be updating on Facebook from the hospital.  I will update the blog hopefully Monday afternoon or Tuesday. 

Enjoy some of the final photos of our little boy's beautiful cleft smile!

2 comments:

  1. He has a BEAUTIFUL smile! I know you're going to miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. See what God will continue to do - He has great things in store for Ethan!

    ReplyDelete