Menu

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Ethan is back to "normal"

Today is day 3.  And Ethan is back to himself.  He wants to play, and run, and climb.  Things that make me so nervous right now.  I'm trying to be cautious when he plays.  He's happy.  He gets tired quickly though.  Still a little weak.  But he's not sleeping.  Yesterday he took 2 30 min naps.  And he is on pain meds with codine, I would have thought we would be getting better sleep out of him. 

The swelling has gone down. We can now see how his smile is going to be.  And it's going to be cute!  Dr. Soler did a really good job on his nose too.  We can't wait for the stitches to come out on Monday.

Ethan has a new appliance in his mouth.  The orthodontist said it's going to be in for a while.  I have not been able to see it yet.  But I believe it covers his whole palate. 

Ethan wants to eat. It was so sad. He was standing in the kitchen looking up at where his food is, just waiting.  I want to feed him food.  But they said no. Only liquids.  I hope by Monday he can eat again. 

We saw his first smile yesterday.  It's so cute. 

Well, I don't have much time to update.  Thanks for your prayers.  He's doing well.  And he's healing nicely.
Until next time......

This is how we feed Ethan. 

We are supposed to use this to tighten the appliance in his mouth.

Smile
Another smile
Last night
Sleeping

No comments:

Post a Comment