Menu

Monday, August 23, 2010

Summer is Over!

Some days I feel like this summer was a long one, other days it feels like it flew by.  I can't believe it's time for school again.  I am happy about it.  It means my girls will be busy during the day.  They will be separated which means they will miss each other.  Right now they are together 24/7 and so they fight, a lot.  It will be nice to have happy girls again.  :-)

We spent the last few days getting ready for the new year.  We got hair cuts.  And even though T, J & I just got a trim, A got a whole new look.  She said her hair was too long & made her too hot, so she wanted it cut off.  Here are the before & after photos:
A is so happy with her new haircut.  I was so nervous to cut her beautiful long hair, but I do love the new short cut.  She said it's so much cooler. 

Later that afternoon was open house at the elementary school AND the high school. I did take photos at the elementary school, but T would not allow me to take the camera out at the high school. :-(  A & J's teachers seem really nice.  I do believe they are going to have a wonderful year.  T is a little disappointed with her schedule. But she has come to realize that she is in the classes she is in, because she needed to push herself more last year and she did not.  She's still on track for graduation, she just is not in some of the classes she had hoped for. 


Friday night our church had an ice cream social.  I went with A & J. They of course loved being able to eat the ice cream sundae. 


And finally on Saturday, T bought her own ticket to Universal Studio's and Islands of Adventure and went with her friends. She said she had so much fun.  She now loves roller coasters. So that is all she talked about.  She really wants Bill to get a ticket so the 2 of them can go together. 


I will take the annual 1st day of school photos in the morning. I'm praying the rain will leave us so I can get some good photos.  So be sure to check the blog soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment