Menu

Monday, July 5, 2010

I can't believe it's July

Where is the summer going?  It's been 4 weeks since Ethan's surgery, and almost 4 weeks since the last day of school.  Summer is flying by.

It's been raining here for the past 4 days or so.  Not the typical afternoon storms.  Raining ALL DAY!  I would love to see the sun. We do live in the "sunshine" state.  The other day, during one of the rain storms, we asked Ethan if he wanted to get wet.  Oh boy did he ever! He loved it.  When we started to hear thunder rumbling in the distance, we went to dry him off and bring him inside, and he got mad!  He was having fun.

We have ourselves a little architect in Jadyn.  She got out Ethan's blocks and built this herself. Of course we had to keep "king kong" Ethan away so she could finish it.  :-)

Abby & Jadyn are growing like weeds.  I can't believe how big they are getting.  Jadyn is upset though that she can't catch up with Abby.  Abby is always taller.  I took this photo the other day. Not sure if you can see the difference in height.

And then there's Eclipse.  Yes, I went to see the new Twilight movie.  And yes, I thought it was good.  I was on Team Jacob, until Edward said something in the movie, that is making me second guess my thinking.  :-)  Seriously, I could care less. LOL  Tiff is only Team Jacob because she says Taylor Lautner is her husband. 

4th of July was fun, and wet.  Rained all day.  But we had a good time hanging out with my parents, grandmother & brother.  Everyone had fun. Ethan warmed up and had a great time too. It was good to see him interact with everyone.  Pop Pop was a good sport. The girls wanted to play beauty school on him.  I could not resist taking the camera out.  I'm so glad everyone came over.  It's fun watching the kids have so much fun with family.

Uncle Daniel let off some loud fireworks.  But not as loud as our neighbors later in the night. 

Here are 2 of my favorite photos with my grandmother. I was so happy she felt well enough to come out here.  It's not easy for her. We're an hour away and it can make for a long day for her. 

Tomorrow our social worker is coming out to do our 6 month post-placement report for Ethan's adoption. I can't believe it. I told Bill that we were ready to apply for our 2nd adoption when we were at this point for Abby.  I have no desire to apply again so soon.  :-)  Yes, the thought does cross my mind to adopt again.  But not right now.  I'm enjoying my kids. And they are keeping me very busy.

Thanks for checking on us. I hope you had a wonderful 4th of July.  I'm so thankful to live in America!

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment