Menu

Monday, March 8, 2010

What a day.....

I had hoped that today would start a new, fresh week.  One with no illness.  We've gone through strep, ear infections, coughing, diarrhea, diaper rash etc.  And that was just Jadyn & Ethan.  Well....no such luck.  Abby started not feeling well yesterday.  But she felt better when she went to bed.  And this morning she was her normal, happy self.  So we went to school.

Today Abby was being recognized as Terrific Kid at school.  Each month each class chooses a child who represents the character trait that they are learning about that month.  The month of Feb was Caring.  Abby was chosen because she cares for others. 

So, Abby got to go first. And then stand on stage while each other child was called.  We were almost finished with 2nd grade and a mom tapped me and said "She's throwing up".  Oh my word!  Yep, she threw up all over the floor. So I jumped up and with the help of another mom started to clean her up.  We started to walk out and she threw up again.  All during the ceremony. 

So of course we had to leave school.  Abby came home with us. At least she got her certificate. :-) 

Ethan is doing better.  His diaper rash is almost gone.  Thanks to friends suggestions on what to put on his rash.  I bought bag balm.  I've never heard of it before. It did the trick! 

Tonight was a good night.  Everyone was in a pleasant mood.  I told Jadyn she needed to read her book. She did. Well then Abby wanted to give it a try. So they sat down together and Jadyn was helping her.  What a precious moment.  And yes, I grabbed the camera and took photos (check out the slideshow). 

Ethan was also his happy normal self.  It was great to see again.  It's been about a week since we've seen his happiness.  Bill thought it would be funny to see what he would do with a Coke can.  Yes, it is empty.  Ethan sure did think he was drinking something though.  Funny how he can hold a Coke can up to his mouth, but not his bottle.  LOL 

I wanted to capture his precious smile that he flashes to people (and us).  I think I got a few photos of his gorgeous smile!  what do you think? 

So now, everyone is in bed or getting in bed.  It's been a long day.  One that did not start off too good, but ended up pretty good.! 

1 comment:

  1. Oh how nasty! I hate sickness in the family. Hope everyone feels so much better really soon.

    The pics are absolutely priceless, my friend.

    ReplyDelete