Menu

Friday, April 9, 2010

Tubes

Today we are taking Ethan to the hospital to get tubes put in his ears.  I have heard from several friends that once the child receives the tubes, they are happier.  I'm praying this is the case for Ethan.  Not that he is not a happy child, but he is frustrated.  I know that is why we have a lot of screaming during the day.  Praying that this morning will go smoothly.

While they have him under, the surgeon is also coming in and molding  the top jaw for the Latham device.  Not sure how long this will take, but I can't imagine very long.  Next Friday they will be putting the device in, so we'll have another early morning next Friday. 

The hospital told us to plan on being there for 5 hours.  From check in to check out.  We have to be there at 6 AM.  That means waking up at 4 AM and leaving by 5 AM. Well I've been awake since 2:30 AM.  It's going to be a very LONG day.  Thank goodness it's the beginning of Spring Break this afternoon. 

Here is a photo I took of Ethan the other night when I went in to check on him. I love how he snuggles with a stuffed animal.  This bear was given to him by Nanny (Bills mom) on Easter. 

I will try to update the blog later today with photos from the hospital, and with a report on how he did.

Until then......

No comments:

Post a Comment