Menu

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Making New Friends

Today we had the privilege of meeting a new friend who just came home to his forever family.  We have been praying for Hudson for just about a year now.  We are so thankful he is FINALLY home.

Today we met him at the park with his mommy.  It was so much fun.  When I saw him, I immediately thought I was looking at Ethan (before surgery).  Looking at Hudson brought back so many memories of Ethan from 2 years ago, and made me realize how much Ethan has grown.  When I see Ethan, I don't see the changes.  Of course I see the lip changes, but not the growth changes.  He's not the little baby that we brought home 2 years ago.  He's a full blown toddler (even though he's still small for his age). 


Ethan 2 years ago

Ethan Now

Ethan and his friend Hudson
  
Tonight I pulled up photos of Ethan before surgery.  The look on his face was confusion.  Ethan does not remember having a cleft lip.  He does not remember the surgery.  He was surprised when we said "that's you Ethan".  Then when he looked at the photos from today again, he said "Awww, that Hudson".

I'm so thankful that he does not remember.  I'm so thankful that it did not scar him (emotionally).  But I do not want him to forget either.  I want him to grow up having compassion for others and to not judge.  Hopefully we'll be able to teach him (and our girls) to do this naturally.

I'm so thankful for adoption. I'm so thankful for the amazing friends we have made (and are meeting) who have adopted.  I'm so thankful for the new families who are coming home with their new forever sons & daughters.  Adoption is such a blessing.  I'm so thankful we took the leap of faith 8 years ago and followed God's lead.  We have truly been blessed by our amazing children.  Our eyes have been opened to things that we would have never experienced before. Our kids eyes have been opened to things that they would have never experienced before.  All very positive.  I'm so glad to be witness to the wonderful miracle of adoption.  :-)

Welcome Home Hudson.  We are looking forward to watching you grow. We are looking forward to getting to know.  We are so thankful that you are finally HOME!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this post. We are so thankful for you Debbie and your family! You are a part of Hudson's story! May God continue to bless ALL of you. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete