Menu

Saturday, June 14, 2014

Day 4 At Sea & Going Home June 11 & 12


Today was the day at sea.  So that meant everyone was on boat which means it was going to be crowded.  Bill took the girls to play mini golf and then see a magic show.  They loved it. Apparently Abby kept asking questions (like she always does) and the magician said "shut up" in a funny tone to her (Bill said the questions she was asking would have given away his secrets).  LOL  Then they went to their kids clubs.  While they were doing that, Ethan & I were by the pool.  For 2 hours I felt like I was babysitting, because he would go from 1 pool, to the Mickey slide, to the Nemo area back to the pool etc.  I could swim with him in the pool, but the Nemo area and slide I had to watch.  I was ready for a break after the 2 hours.  :-)  He was having fun, so that is all that mattered.  

I persuaded him with a snack to leave the pool area.  He wanted grapes.  I asked if he wanted ice cream, he said no, just grapes. Then he said "yes, ice cream & grapes". Well he only ate the grapes.  :-)  We got cleaned up and I took him to the club.  He LOVED the club.  He played video games most of the time. And a few times I would check on him and he didn't want to leave.  I was so happy he was having fun.  

We decided to see Maleficent at 2 PM. We all went except for Ethan (photo was taken on day 1).  I'm glad he didn't go. It was a little scary in some scenes.  But we all liked the movie.  

The kids went back to the club so we could start to pack.  Tiff & I left Bill to go to the top deck to take some pictures. While we were up there we saw Hope & Maggie in their club.  They did not see us. Hope was getting wet IN her normal clothes.  Once they saw us, she ran inside, and put on her bathing suit.  Then we looked to our right and saw a water spout form. We watched it grow for about 15-20 minutes.  It was awesome and freaky at the same time.  at 6:15 we went to see the show Believe. Only me, Tiff, Ethan & Bill went.  And we ended up sitting next to the magician and his parents.  :-)  

Dinner was at 8:15 again and tonight at Animators Palate.  I think I was just so tired that the food was not that great for me. I would have preferred a hot dog.  :-)  But the kids had fun. This is their favorite restaurant.  

Tiff and the girls planned to get their suits on and do the Aqua Duck at night.  So we finished dinner, headed up to the kids club to return their Mickey bands and for Abby & Jadyn to say goodbye to Hope, their FAVORITE kids club cast member.  They met her on our July 4th cruise, she was there in November too.  In Feb we gave her letters from the girls.  She went on her vacation when we got off of the boat in Feb and was back on this trip.  She is so sweet on them and made them a little "coloring" book to take home.  

Once we said our goodbyes, the girls headed off to put on their suits and Bill, Ethan & I checked out the photos that were taken of us.  We ended up only buying 3.  I hate throwing the rest away but I did not want to spend hundreds of dollars on photos.  

We got back to the room, put our PJ's on and Ethan passed out cold.  We found our signed pillow cases waiting for us.  They turned out really great!  We bought white pillow cases from Walmart, then Bill added pirate material to the ends.  Then he embroidered their names on their pillow case.  They were signed for FREE!  The girls got back after 11, and said the Aqua Duck was closed so they played shuffle board.  

Of course nobody woke up yesterday.  We got them up, ate a quick breakfast and were off the boat and in our car by 8:15 or so.  

We definitely liked the 4 night better than the 3 night.  We had a lot of fun.  We survived with no tantrums.  That's a miracle.  :-)  

Abby & Jadyn are already planning on going back so they can see Hope.  And they told Hope when they turn 11 and go to the tween section, she needs to move up there.  She said she would definitely ask to do that.  

Hopefully you've enjoyed the updates and photos.  I know a lot more happened that I'm forgetting.  There were a lot of funnies that happened. I should have written them all down.  :-)


Spying on the girls in the Teen club

A little too close for me

All signed & delivered

our dinner table number



Yes, this is how she ate her spaghetti.  


And how she ate her Mickey bar

Abby & Jadyn with their FAVORITE Kids Club Cast member, Hope

The goodies Hope made for Abby, Jadyn & Ethan

Ethan was wiped out

The girls would not wake up

Beautiful Sunrise

Ethan was sad to leave

No comments:

Post a Comment