Menu

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween Night 2011

Halloween is OVER!  I'm glad.  This is the month to say what you are Thankful for? Well I can say I'm thankful Halloween is over.  This is not one of my favorite nights of the year. Never has been.  The kids have fun and that is all that matters. 

The evening started off with dinner (Bills yummy homemade chicken nuggets & French fries).  Then the kiddos got dressed up.  I'm so thankful (yep, another Thankful thought) that the kids all made up their own costumes. We did not spend a dime this year.  Woo Hoo! 

Tiff had 3 friends come over to trick or treat with.  They all looked really good.  Yes, they are Juniors in high school and yes, they still dressed up and went trick or treating.  There was a haunted house in our neighborhood and apparently they went there and it was fun. 






Abby, Jadyn & Ethan had a blast.  This was Ethan's first year to trick or treat. Last year he wanted nothing to do with it so he stayed back and helped pass out candy.  Well this year he was all into it.  We dressed him up as Elmo. I was surprised he actually wore it.  Bill took the 3 around the neighborhood first. I stayed back to pass out candy.  Bill said everyone was going nuts over "Elmo".  Ethan was oblivious.  He just wanted the candy.  Bill said he got extra candy because he was "so cute" and some of the younger kids thought he WAS Elmo and tried to get in the wagon with him.  The girls were such big sisters helping Ethan go up to the doors.  But he did not need any help getting the candy.  :-)






The kids made out great!  Tons of candy.  I told Jadyn that her orthodontist will buy back her candy and give her $. She was excited.  I think she's willing to sell it.  :-) 






This is our first year in this new neighborhood and I have to say it was so nice.  The last 2 neighborhoods we've lived in were always PACKED with kids.  I would easily go through 10 bags of candy and have to shut the door and turn out the lights because I would run out.  Well this year I bought 13 bags of candy and I think we went through 5.  And I was handing out 3 pieces per kid.  So we are going to the store to return the 6 bags of unopened candy (we're keeping 2 bags of unopened candy because we can use it for other things).  I just hope they will let me return it.  :-)

So that is pretty much how our Halloween evening went.  It's 8 AM now and Ethan is still sleeping.  He was wiped out.  Abby was cranky today because she was tired.  Jadyn was a ball of energy.  I wish I had some of that energy.  :-) 

Now we can move on to Thanksgiving. I love this time of year! 

1 comment:

  1. i LOVE that jadyn is willing to sell her candy. haha! so awesome!

    and e looks totally adorable!

    love you guys

    ReplyDelete